Saturday, April 01, 2006

Flash Your Stash!

At first I didn't think it was too bad














But by the time I'd finished heaving everything out of the wardrobe and onto the bed it was looking pretty dire














Talk about coming face to face with your addiction! How have I managed to amass so much yarn in what is really only a little over a year? Time for drastic measures. Since taking these photos I've had a huge clearout and am left with yarn that is both lovely and which I KNOW I will knit. Not all of the rest was horrible - far from it - but there were some unwise impulse eBay purchases in there - lovely yarn but simply either not my colours or not yarn that I would ever be likely to knit with, beautiful or not. So, a huge amount has gone back up on eBay and I'm left with what is still a sizeable stash, but one which is 100% yarn I love.

I know that my stash is going to seem pretty weedy by comparison to some of the professional SABLERs out there (and I can't wait to go and see everyone else's stashes), but it's full of yarn which makes my heart sing.

So here are a few of the highlights....

My Rowan Kid Silk Haze stash














3 balls of Dewberry, bought to knit Birch for a friend and 6 balls of Toffee bought to knit Lily Chin's Reversible Rib Shawl for me.

Just how much Hip Knits silk does a girl need? This much, apparently.















Handpainted Yarn.com Worsted Merino and Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk
































Then there's the sock yarn





























The wonderful Possum yarn from Touch Yarns which was my birthday present from my mum and dad last year














And the snuggly Jaeger Natural Fleece














I could go on, but I think you get the picture. I'm really very, very lucky to have such a wonderful stash, and ONE DAY I'll get round to knitting it all!

17 Comments:

Blogger Knittypants said...

Gorgeous Stash! I just bought some Kid Silk Haze in Dewberry to make myself a shawl, so it was nice to see yours and know mine is coming soon :-)

5:34 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Better than a Bed of Roses, it's a Bed of YARN!! Did you resist the urge to jump onto the bed and lounge in yarn lushness?

5:54 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great stash :)

~your pal

7:37 pm  
Blogger thomasina said...

There are some real jewels in there. I'm with you in thinking stash flash is a great time to take stock and do some pruning.

8:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously. Did you roll around in that before you put it away? ;o) Great stash!

8:41 pm  
Blogger Bezzie said...

I love seeing the backdrops everyone's using--I love the bed! Hee hee!

10:51 pm  
Blogger sheep#100 said...

Really love that Schaeffer sock yarn.

Visit my flash.

11:28 pm  
Blogger Wendy DG said...

The handpainted yarn is gorgeous. Be proud of your stash!

3:58 am  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Man you give good stash lady!

10:16 am  
Blogger Karen said...

Yummy! You have a great stash!

4:02 pm  
Blogger snowdrop said...

GORGEOUS colours!... That's an impressive stash! So much lovely yarn...

7:24 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

You've got an awesome stash.. I have a skein of that possum stuff... YUMMY! You have more stash yarns for projects then I do.....REALLY! my sock yarn changes pretty quickly I do knit alot of socks...lol I'm drooling over your other yarns.. I don't really collect yarns for larger projects unless it's on the needles asap!

8:15 pm  
Blogger Anny said...

Good for you for taming the stash! I too was surprised at how big my stash was once pulled out of all its hiding spots...and when I tried to put it all back, it didn't quite fit! LOL!!! Guess I'll have to knit it up in a hurry ;0)

3:33 am  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Nice stash. You're very brave to pull everything out and pile it on your bed. I don't think I could have brought myself to do it.

3:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! Mind you I reckon mine is almost (or as?) large. I simply couldn't face taking it out and photographing ti, as I would expire.

I love the ones you love too.

7:30 pm  
Blogger HPNY KNITS said...

lovely stash! I love your alpaca! lush colors.
It was scary to find yarn I forgot about when I took mine out, but good, cause I now have more yarn...

2:57 am  
Blogger soapy said...

I keep comign back dreaming......I want to jump on your bed and roll around with all those lovely lovely yarns of yours!>!
{{hugs}}

8:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines