Wednesday, March 29, 2006

F is for Finsbury Circus

Trying desperately NOT to succumb to the easy option, F is for Flower, I took my camera in to work with me yesterday and went for a little stroll at lunchtime.

Just round the corner from our office is Finsbury Circus. A little oasis in the midst of the bustle of the City.















So, the first thing I'm thinking is "I need a better camera". Yes, I know, bad workman always blames his tools etc etc but this shot was as close as I could get with the zoom whilst still getting the whole of the sign in the frame :(

The gardens are surrounded by some lovely architecture































There are wooden benches all around the gardens and I can see this is where I'll be spending my lunch hours on warm spring and summer days.

This was also an educational trip in that I learned that Finsbury Circus hosts the City's only bowling green - established in 1925















Can't you just picture a time when these gardens were full of Victorian nannies wheeling their charges around in great big prams - rather than full of City men in suits?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely park.

I want to go to London.


~your pal

6:25 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Thank you for the lovely RAK! I can't wait to use it, my very first NORO! Realised that I didn't have your email address to thank you so have left you a message via the knittyboards. So generous of you, really can't thank you enough. Hxxx

7:03 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love this post! And what a nice oasis in the middle of the city. It was like taking a little 5 min vacation to the UK.

8:19 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous park.

I love parks.

10:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah, sitting in the sun with a sarnie...

3:22 pm  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love Finsbury Circus. When I was there last August I watched a group of men bowling there after work one evening.

Can't wait to move to London so I can join you for lunch on a park bench!

Carolyn

5:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines