Sunday, February 26, 2006

Knitting Olympics project - complete!!

The sweater is finished!














Vital statistics:

Pattern: Knitting Pure & Simple Neck down Pullover for Women
Yarn: Noro Korchoran shade 31. Just under 500g
Needles: Addi Turbos 5mm & 4mm (I should also have used a 16" 4mm for the neck but my order from Get Knitted still hasn't arrived after nearly 3 weeks - they are awaiting a big shipment from Addi - so had to use a 4.5mm instead)
Cast on: 10/02/06
Cast off: 22/02/06
Washed and blocked: 23/02/06
Ends woven in: 25/02/06

I knit this a little shorter in the body and the sleeves than the pattern called for, to allow for the Korchoran to grow when washed - which it did. The fit is just right and the yarn really softens up after washing. It's another lovely, snuggly warm sweater. Just right for the current cold snap!

Definitely a pattern I will knit again - KP&S patterns are very well written and easy to follow.

I'm extremely proud that I managed to complete this within the allotted time - I'm especially impressed with myself over the actual time on the needles ;) Only 12 days, which really isn't bad at all bearing in mind most days my only knitting time is a couple of hours in the evening.

I'm making good progress on the Malabrigo scarf, and hope to have that finished within the next couple of days, while I gird my loins for the next challenge (Aran Pullover). Oh yes, more cables....

10 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Congrats! So NEAT! Great colorway! Enjoy!

1:48 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on finishing!

~your secret pal

3:52 pm  
Blogger Zonda said...

Beautiful sweater! Congrats on finishing!

4:21 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

After seeing how great this came out, I think I'm going to have to order the pattern and make one!!

5:42 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done, lovely sweater - just in time for the forecasted cold weather coming our way.

Also appreciated your comments on the pattern and yarn - am impressed that it took just under 500g but even more so by the fact you completed it in such a short time.

6:03 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Modelled photo please! It looks great, well done for finishing so quickly, I feel quite the cheat for only making socks.

6:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your sweater turned out so beautiful - congratulations on finishing it in the given time! You certainly did a great job with it!
Best wishes from Austria!

10:23 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks lovely, I can't wait to see it in real life at the weekend..

11:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks stunning! Congratulations.

And I love the SP gifts you got, lucky thing. Look forward to seeing your dye job.

2:28 pm  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

It is just beautiful!!!!!! I shall knit in noro someday... just means a monster review of the stash, which of course is now long overdue!!

3:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines