Sunday, February 19, 2006

SP6 goodies and other stuff

I received my first package from my SP on Friday:
















That's one huge hank of Knit Picks Colour Your Own merino (which is very, very soft), a skein of Malabrigo worsted in Pagoda, two skeins of Knit Picks sock merino, some Brittany birch DPNs, and Kool Aid for the merino yarn.

Isn't that just the most amazing, generous package of goodies? Having yearned for some Knit Picks yarn it is so exciting to have some in the house. I WISH they would ship to the UK. Eddie has already bagged the sock yarn for a pair for him - I almost had to sit down when he made that announcement since, of all the hundreds of balls of yarn that have come into this house, not once has he ever said that he liked any of it, let alone asked me to knit him something with it!

The Malabrigo is definitely for ME ME ME. It's going to be the very next thing on the needles after I finish my KO project. A snuggly scarf in this super soft yarn is going to see me through the rest of the winter very nicely!

I can't wait to start playing with the Kool Aid. I have some more packets I've got from some swaps on the Knitty board, and with this week as holiday I'm going to set aside some time for dyeing!

The Brittany birch DPNs are lovely - nice and short, just how I like them. I can feel the urge to knit socks coming upon me again ;)

Thank you soooooo much SP, for such a wonderful, wonderful package.


Progress in the Knitting Olympics is not exactly of gold medal standard, but I'm at least at about the stage I need to be at this point















I'm enjoying the pattern, lots of mindless knitting in the round, which makes watching the Olympics (particularly events like the figure skating) and knitting at the same time feasible. I'm so glad I didn't choose a lace project!

Glampyre's Easy V neck is washed and blocked, and officially an FO. A word of warning to anyone planning to knit something in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk - it grows when wet!! Lengthways only, funnily enough, but so much so I had to unpick the sleeves and frog them back a bit (yes I know I should always wash my swatches first....). I'm really pleased with the final result














This was knit on 5mm Addit Turbos and took 19 days to complete. An easy to follow pattern, and one I'll definitely knit again. For now, I'm going to leave the neckline as it is. It makes this a very casual jumper, but it looks great with a vest top underneath, and jeans. It's exactly what I was hoping to end up with. The yarn is lovely and soft, and warm. Definitely soft enough to be worn next to the skin.

Finally, a kidding update. 29 kids so far. Just one fatality - a kid which unfortunately got stuck, and we couldn't get it out alive. It's sad, but only to be expected when kidding so many goats. Thankfully it was one of twins so the mum has got a baby to care for. All the kids and mums are doing fine. Time for some gratuitous cuteness...




3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am *sooo* glad you like everything :)
I just love looking at the pictures of your animals. After dogs, goats are my favorite animals.

~your pal

8:16 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Handy to know that about the DB alpaca silk - I suspected it might do that. My SP has also a knitpicks catalogue to me with promise of more yarn to come! I have been reading it cover to cover for the past 24 hours and still can't decide what to pick!

2:24 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Cuteness is right! The kids are adorable!

More pics!

8:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines