Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A busy weekend

For once I actually managed to have a fairly productive weekend.

Saturday was the UK Knitty mini meet. A fab day and it was lovely to meet some of the girls from Knitty. Here they are in all their gorgeousness...















Holly & Charlotte discuss short rows (or something....). Note Holly's extremely professional camera which put my cheapo buy from Amazon to shame.















Rachel (left) and Elizabeth - just out of shot is Elizabeth's scary looking pint of white beer. I had no idea such a thing existed (I've led a sheltered life).















Kate, busy fielding phone calls from prospective flat mates.




















And here we all are outside Mecca, no I mean Loop. A lovely yarn shop where we all managed to spend some of our hard earned pennies.

It was a great day, and so lovely to meet with and talk to other knitters in the flesh.

On Sunday I blocked Clapotis....




















And here's a close up of those dropped stitches















Neat or what??

And the finished article..















It is huge. But beautiful. I love it. It is definitely one of the most satisfying knits I have done.
Does my bum look big in this???

Vital statistics:

Knit in: Hip Knits silk 400g
Colour: Swamp
Needles: 5mm (US 8)
Time on needles: about 3 weeks

I had to take out one of the straight section repeats as I didn't have quite enough yarn to do all of them. Looking at the finished length, I'm quite glad!



2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

Excellent photos! *pinches the one of us all outside Loop* :)

And your Clapotis is gorgeous, and i don't know if it's the photo, but your Swamp looks really different to mine!

4:24 pm  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

Your clapotis is beautiful :) So far i've made 3 mini clapotis but no real biggy clapotis as i reckon it'd end up with the other WIPs crying out 'finish me, finish me'!

11:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines