Sunday, May 14, 2006

Good results all round

Thanks so much for all the good luck wishes for the show. We had a pretty good day.

Remember Smiley Miley (aka Tolcarne Gelos, named after the Greek spirit of laughter by Jess)? He's grown into a smashing little yearling buck (though he is a bit on the small side - he seems to put all his energy into his fleece, which is absolutely beautiful). Anyway, he won the yearling buck class, and was also Reserve Champion Male. We also won the adult doe class with Cobweb, and Reserve Champion Female. Plus we got 2 second places, a 3rd and two 4ths. In fact, all 7 of the goats we took were placed in the top 4. I'm really pleased with this as although we were beaten in some classes no other breeder there had the consistency of results with all their goats, so I guess we must be doing something right!

Unfortunately, the weather and the crowds weren't conducive to taking pictures but I will try and take some in the next day or two and post them.

I'm making good progress on the sock. Although knitting like this was a bit weird














Knitting a sock in profile! I'm really pleased with how the heel has turned out. I have never quite managed to achieve such a neat result before















I'm not sure if this is down to the 2 circs or the pattern (from Sensational Knitted Socks), but it did seem much easier picking up the stitches than it does with DPNs.

I've reached the toe now, and should hopefully finish it off this afternoon and get cracking on the second sock.

And finally, I know you don't come here to read about football but I can't end this post without mentioning the other fantastic result yesterday, which rounded off the day nicely! What a cracking match. This man is a god.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, wish I could have made it to see the show this week-end. So pleased young Gelos won a prize! One day I shall see him in the fleece.

Congrats! (please let me know what other shows you will be at, would love to see your animals).

7:46 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

Congratulations on the show :) btw did you know that tolcarne comes from the kernewek Tal Carn which means brow of a rock pile? I'm surrounded by places called tolcarne!

Our goats' prefix is Nans Gavar which means valley goat.

9:41 am  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Congratulations to you and Eddie (and to the goats)!! I'm so glad they did so well.

The socks look fabulous, too. I took a class on socks with 2 circs and once I got into the rhythm of it really liked that methos, though I haven't done socks on DPNs before so have no basis of comparison.

Best to Eddie!
Carolyn

10:57 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

YEAH!! CONGRATS! Glad to hear your won so many at the show! AWESOME! Your heels look great! Socks are coming along nicely! ;o)

3:28 am  
Blogger Catherine said...

ooooh, love those socks!! the pattern is really great for the color. :-)

thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

5:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines