Wednesday, April 12, 2006

It's official - my SP is THE BEST

A package arrived today.

No, wait, that doesn't begin to do it justice. A ruddy great BOX arrived today - stuffed to the gunnels with goodies.

This is my 3rd and last package from my Knittyboard SP6, and I really didn't think she could top what she had sent me so far. Ha! How wrong can you be?

My SP, who I now know is called Cathy (hi Cathy!!) lives in New England, and her final package included a wonderfully thought out selection of treats from her home.

First up, some cards of Boston














Then these














The (cutest) elephant (in the world) is there (see he's saying hi!) because a) they're one of my favourite things and b) her local uni's sports teams are known as the Mighty Jumbos after P T Barnum's circus elephant. Neat link!
Nestled inbetween his legs is a bottle of wonderful maple syrup - the epitome of New England and one of Eddie's favourite foods (syrup is food, right?). Yum!! Also some "Boston baked beans" (chocolate peanuts). The other sweets are chewy fish, a red herring. A red herring has been included in each package in some shape or form. Damn, she's sneaky!

Next up














A buddha card because again this is one of my favourite things, and some really nifty "jump rings" used for jewellery making but spot on as stitch markers.

Oh, yes, there's more














Woot woot! A copy of Wild Fibers magazine (produced in Maine, so a local link, but also of great interest to me as a bona fide fibre producer!) and, swoon, the current Knit Picks catalogue. I'll be the one curled up in my chair chewing on red herrings and drooling over this tonight.

Oh yeah, and then there was some yarn














Can you believe that - she sent me ALL that in ONE package!!

The beautiful heathery green yarn at the back is produced locally. The Knit Picks sock yarn at the front is called New England Foliage. The green yarn on the right is Knit Picks Panache and it's a lovely soft alpaca blend. The wonderful little yarn cake on the left is Knit Picks Shadow, 100% merino.

To say I am overwhelmed is an understatement. The enormous generosity of someone thousands of miles away who doesn't know me from Adam. Really, it makes my head spin. Just shows though, while there's people like Cathy around there's hope for the human race, don't you think?

Thank you Cathy, this was such a wonderful gift to receive.

Right, now I've got some serious sleuthing to do to find out who on the Knittyboard she is......

3 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

That is an impressive haul. I haven't got a clue who my SP is. She is smashing though.

10:14 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

WOW! Thats very nice! The colors are lovely! I'm still waiting to hear from my Sp whos been wonderful! I can never find the Wild Fibers mags myself, and I live here...LOL

1:19 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

I forgot to mention yes maple syrup is a food, a condiment atctally, we pour it over pancakes , waffles, crepes, etc. Some also use to add to sweet potatoes which is yummy! Enjoy!

2:10 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines