Friday, April 28, 2006

Green Gable

If you thought the recent lack of knitting content to my posts was due to inactivity on the knitting front, think again;)














Pattern: Green Gable
Yarn: SWTC Oasis (100% Soy Silk), shade Chocolate. I used every scrap of 2 x 100g balls (from the stash, yay!)
Needles: Addi Turbos 4mm & 3.5mm, plus DPNs 3.5mm
Time on needles: 7 days

Despite some sizing issues, which are discussed on the Knitalong (I knit the size 36" when I would normally knit 32"), this is a great pattern. Knit completely in the round so no seaming! I plan to knit another with 3/4 length sleeves, in the yarn specified in the pattern (Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece). I'm really pleased with the result. The Oasis has a lovely sheen to it and is great to wear next to the skin. Knits nicely too. Blocking opened up the lace a lot, and lengthened the body and sleeves. I think next time I'll probably block a little less ferociously!

And, just because I know you'll moan if there's no modelled shot, here's a craptastic photo for you (Eddie's busy with the VAT return).

3 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

WOW! That sweater is FAB and fits you perfectly. In fact, if you wear it around Eddie, he'll probaby forget about the VAT and get busy with you! :)

XOXO,

Christine, Cpurl (who is still takes deep sniffs of her SP yarn and sighs happily)

5:02 pm  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Nice! I looks great on you - and it isn't as craptastic as you say - I'm always impressed when someone can take a halfway decent shot of themselves in a mirror. You did well!

5:30 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

WOW! IT's AMAZING! I just love it the color is AWESOME IT GORGEOUS!! CONGRATS! I'm 3/4 the way done with one myself knitting a 36 for a 32...Glad it fit becuase this ones a gift I already frogged once hate to again..

8:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines