Friday, April 14, 2006

First lambs

We got up this morning to find that our first lambs of the year had just been born. One boy, one girl. Mum and babies all doing well. The ewe is a first time mum so she did really well to lamb all on her own. She's also extremely protective of them, stamping her feet whenever we go near, so apologies for the poor quality photos but I didn't want to upset her too much.
















This heralds the start of 4 hourly checks, round the clock, for Eddie so he's going to be pretty knackered over the next few weeks.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute babies :)

~your pal

2:23 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

how sweet! they just adorable! Congrats!

3:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a sweet lamb, and love the colours! Justwant to have a stroke (but not upset the mother!).

Love your SP package... hope you had fun looking through knit picks catalogue (looks awfully yummy)

7:14 pm  
Blogger aija said...

OMG, adorable! (I feel so silly, I didn't know they could be spotted!)

10:48 pm  
Blogger Stacey said...

Beautiful lambs! We had 2 new ones last night as well.

9:20 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw - black and white lambs, the cutest ever!

8:22 pm  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Too sweet!

6:59 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I am such a city girl....I don't think I have ever seen white sheep with black spots before. Are they unusual or have I just led a very sheltered life?!

4:06 pm  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Aww! Congrat-ewe-lations!

9:23 pm  
Blogger sgeddes said...

Wow! What a great morning surprise. The little lambs ar e beautiful.

6:20 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Carolyn!

I got the package with the kid mohair! Yay! I love it. I started washing it as soon as it arrived. I'll be posting a blog post about it later today!

Thank you so much.

And, the kitty card was great.

You made my day!

-Sarah.

ps...those are the CUTEST lambs!

4:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines