Friday, April 07, 2006

Progress at last

The Aran Pullover FINALLY came off the needles last night.














I feel as though I've been knitting this sweater forever, but looking at my journal I only cast on about 5 weeks ago, so it's not that long really. I enjoyed knitting the front and back but the sleeves were a killer. Hmm, the sleeves. They look a bit short, although I knit them to the length given in the pattern (which corresponds to my size). I'll have to have a fiddle with it and see exactly where they'll be seamed to the body. I've no doubt I can stretch them a bit if necessary when I block it - everything else I wash & block seems to grow at least 25% !

The cable pattern is lovely and I got much quicker as I progressed! Here's a close up














It's looking a bit "lumpy" at the moment but I'm hoping a wash and block will sort that out. I'm hoping to do that this weekend, then set aside some time over Easter to seam it and finish the neck.

I cast on last night for a crafty quick knit before I start my next garment. I'm knitting these with the super soft Knitpicks Decadence Alpaca yarn my SP sent me (thank you!). As it's still absolutely bloody freezing in our office these should keep my hands warm on the days I have to go in to work!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that sweater is fantastic. You do such good work :)

~your sp

7:39 pm  
Blogger blueadt said...

It's beautiful - well done.

9:50 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

IT's Absolutely Beautiful!

4:13 pm  
Blogger Lara 900 said...

wonderful sweater! 5 weeks only?

9:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines