Tuesday, August 30, 2005

How to be a good SP?

Round 5 of Secret Pal has recently started and I am participating for the first time. And already it's starting to freak me out a little.

Without meaning to come across as needy and sad, I do REALLY want to be a good SP, both "upstream" and "downstream". My "upstream" pal, to whom I will be sending goodies is a lovely lady and we have exchanged a few emails. My "downstream" pal, who will be gifting to me emailed me when all the matches were done, and I've sent a quick reply. It's just starting to strike me as a little odd that someone I don't know will be sending me presents over the next few months, but I won't be sending them anything in return. Also, I'm not sure of the etiquette for dealing with my downstream SP. Do I wait to hear from her? Do I email her regardless? I certainly don't want to make her feel pressured into contacting me. On the other hand, I'd like to get to know her a bit better over the next few months, seeing as she is going to be spending her money on me!

Any tips gratefully received, and if you're reading this SP, look forward to hearing from you! And I'm not ignoring you!!

And just to prove how important it is to me to get this kind of thing right.....




Hmm, not so sure I like the "do-gooder" description, but perfectionist? Definitely. I bet Gandhi was a Libran...

4 Comments:

Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Everyone else got to be nice people. I got Hitler? I don't get it. How? How could I be Hitler?

I have also been obsessing about all matters SP and wondering if I am doing it 'properly' been talking to Glittrgirl about it all night at Knit Club and she has reassured me that everything is fine. She is a softie though who when the SP round is finished buys things for the person who sent her stuff!

10:45 pm  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Yes, I guess it could have been worse than Gandhi (one of my partners at work got Saddam Hussein!! The other two got Hitler and Bill Clinton - makes you wonder how the partnership works so well!)

Glad I'm not the only one being neurotic about the SP thing - and I just know I'll be sending gifts in return just as soon as I know who she is!

1:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carolyn, you shouldn't worry!
Your job in this direction is to lean back and be spoiled. Maybe it helps to know that I'm having a lot of fun, er, stalking you (and I mean that in the best possible way)? I know how you feel, but there will be no sending me gifts once you find out who I am ..!

Is there anything I can do to make you feel more at ease about this?

4:08 pm  
Blogger Carolyn said...

My SP reads my blog!! Hurrah! Hello SP!!

Now I can relax and enjoy....

4:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines