Friday, May 19, 2006

Socks are done



They fit perfectly, are lovely and comfortable, and I like the fact that they are almost but not quite identical. I have loads of yarn left over - I barely touched the second 50g ball.

Eddie has now announced that he thinks he would prefer to have some thick socks rather than sock yarn weight. It is true to say he goes through socks at a rate of knots, so perhaps thicker would be better? I'll have to raid the stash to see if I have enough worsted weight of anything I could use (excluding anything I want for myself :0 ). I'll need to find out how many yards of worsted weight I need for a UK size 8.

He can't yet decide on the pattern, if any, he wants (told you he was Mr Fussy), so while he's mithering about that I've started my second Green Gable. I'm knitting this one in the yarn used in the pattern - Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece, in a fetching shade of plum. I'm knitting a size smaller than the last one as I have found that a bit loose now that I've actually worn it. So far I'm enjoying knitting with the yarn.

Eddie took this picture the other day. We're having a flock board made and he wanted a photo of a group of goats to go on it. It was only when we downloaded the pictures that we realised that it was a wonderful shot of the view from the field.


8 Comments:

Blogger aija said...

What a great photo of the goats!! I *love* their faces :)

7:12 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love the socks and the goats!! I think you should just keep nodding your head as Eddie mulls over what he wants and keep knitting more thing for yourself!!

7:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks and goats...what more does one need?

8:12 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

Socks came out GREAT! Keep up the great work! The goats look great! So does the baby crosses I bet the jacob/dorset are wonderful fluffy and soft ;o) I have some fleece of both breeds and trying to imagine them together as one....Dorsets have such lovely down undercoats makes nice warm sofy fluffy yarn.

Not to worry your lovely socks are on the needles trying to figure out the length I'm a bit worried....;o?

3:44 am  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

Your socks look fab and I'm just getting into knitting them myself!

I bet by the time he's made his mind up you could have knit a few more pairs!

8:31 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

You probably know this already, but I've heard that what makes socks last longer is to knit at a tighter tension than you would normally, so you could use a dk yarn but knit it on 3mm needles or something like that, it makes the fabric tight and hopefully last longer.

6:16 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Nice socks!

And even nicer goats! Congrats on all the winning!

We're hoping to get a couple of animals this summer...so, I might need goat advice!

8:08 pm  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice socks! I don't know if its the color or the pattern but they look comfier than other knitted socks I've seen. But I'm a little odd.

Love the flock pic!

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines