Thursday, June 08, 2006

Socks That Really Do Rock!!

Postie brought me a surprise gift from Soapy














Aren't they beautiful? This Socks That Rock yarn is something else. Really soft, but at the same time the socks feel really substantial if you know what I mean. See the G&S Marine thingy she also sent? This has me a bit stumped. I'm thinking cup holder, but I could be totally wrong! Soapy??

Michelle was worried that the fit wouldn't be right, but look















Could they fit me more perfectly? I don't think so! They are lovely and snug - just how I like my socks.

There is something so wonderful about receiving a hand knitted gift. Every time I look at these I think of the hours of work that went into them - it's such a precious gift, it means so much more than something bought from a shop.

I have to say as well that this girl really can knit socks!














Aren't they neat? I can only aspire to knitting socks as good as these.

Thank you sooooo much Michelle. These are going to take pride of place in my sock drawer!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Iris said...

I lost all my email addresses in a harddrive crash a few weeks back, so I will have to reply to your comment no the blog through your blog - which gives me the opportunity to say how much I like the socks. They look great, you lucky girl!! :-)

It's good to be back in blogland - I've missed it.

9:38 am  
Blogger soapy said...

So happy to hear they fit you!! I was worried....Yes a cup holder I think we call a cozy??, my DHs work we always give out stuff like that. Have different things made up every summer.
Enjoy! You did say you like bright colors right....hmmmm I think they the first STR yarn that hasn't pooled to much too! ;o))))Thank you too!

1:29 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such lovely socks! Michelle did a wonderful job on them.

2:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them! They are a great colour.

3:34 pm  
Blogger Anny said...

They do look great! I'll have to get my hands on that STR someday...

7:46 am  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Those socks are soooo cute! She knits so neatly! I want to try the STR yarn too someday.

5:42 pm  
Blogger Zonda said...

So you're the lucky recipient! Yay! for you! I was hoping we'd get to know! Enjoy them!

3:23 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

Nice gear! The cup holder reminds me of when I was in Australia and people in Alice Springs drink their beer with a 'stubby holder' round it. Kind of like a foam cozy for the can only they use it to keep the beer cold so it doesn't get warmed by your hands! Aussies are obsessed with keeping their beer cold! I think because it doesn't have much flavour so if it isn't cold you might think you were drinking luke warm water - oooooh contoversial!

9:31 am  
Blogger Bezzie said...

Nice socks!!! I've yet to experience the STR sensation...someday soon I hope!

And also--even though a different post but I'm catching up on my blogstalking---congrats on all your ribbon winners down below!!!!!

2:32 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Wow! Your goats are really racking up the points! Congrats! It must feel great to be accomplishing your goals as a breeder.

And, lovely socks from your SP!

10:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines