Monday, May 29, 2006

A bit of a quandry

Green Gable #2 is finished.














This was knit in Cotton Fleece, shade Plum Patina, and I used 200g. I knit the size Small this time, spaced out the waist decreases, added hip increases, and knit 3 rounds before the ribbing on the sleeves. All tips I picked up from the KAL, and all improvements on the original pattern I think.

This one is a much better fit than the last one - which may end up being frogged...

My quandry now is that there is nothing I want to knit.

By that I mean no tops, summer sweaters etc. Apart from this pattern I haven't seen anything that really grabs me. I think part of the problem is that I'm not a great fan of knitting cotton, and pastels - which tend to be the predominant colours in the summer - do nothing for me. I love winter knitting. I love knitting with super soft wool, making snuggly sweaters and scarves.

Looking back to last summer I see I knitted socks and shawls. Well, I've a ton of sock yarn in the stash and want to knit more socks, so I'll certainly be doing that. I've also got loads of laceweight yarn, ideal for shawls. My problem there is that although I love the intricacies of lace knitting, and creating ethereal items from knitting cobwebs, in practical terms I don't really have a huge need for shawls.

I guess I need to mull, and in the meantime I'll knit socks. Maybe inspiration will strike when I least expect it. It's one of the things I love about reading blogs - it's great to see what other knitters are knitting.

We're off to Stafford tomorrow for the Staffordshire show. Thankfully the weather forecast is looking quite good. Hopefully this time I'll manage to get some shots of the goats in all their glory!

5 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

That sweater looks great on you! And don't worry about being in a knitting inspiration slump--I'm not sure if you listen to the Cast-On podcast--but I know the knitting Muse will visit you when you're ready.

10:11 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the show!

I am also lacking a knitting muse, but socks keep me going.

6:45 pm  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

Beautiful GG! It looks great!

2:37 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

Your mighty busy.. Good Luck with the show and Great GG!

5:38 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I tried to comment on your latest post but it wouldn't let me - well done at the shows, you did brilliant!

3:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines