Saturday, August 19, 2006

Waterlily Top















Pattern: Waterlily Top from Interweave Knits Spring 2006
Yarn: Colinette Giotto. Shade Banwy. Used 2 x 100g plus tiny bit from 3rd skein
Size: 30.25”
Needles: Addi Turbo 60cm – 9mm, 8mm, 6.5mm
Cast on: 28/07/06
Finished: 03/08/06

This was a lovely, quick pattern to knit, and I’m delighted with the end result. The top is knit in the round to the armholes, and the large needles make the knitting fly by. Changing gradually from the largest to the smallest needles create the shaping of the garment, and I have to say it is incredibly flattering to wear (though I appreciate it’s not easy to see this from the craptastic photo).

There were a few firsts with this project: first time knitting in the round from the bottom up; first time using Colinette yarn, and first time knitting with ribbon yarn. I’m very impressed with this yarn – it knits up really easily, and the resulting fabric is lovely. I had feared that ribbon yarn might be a bit scratchy to wear, but this top is wonderfully comfortable.

Of course, since it came off the needles the weather has reverted to the usual crap British summer weather but this top will definitely be going to France.

7 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Monet would be proud. A perfect sweater for France! It looks lovely on you!

2:10 am  
Blogger scarletprincess said...

I absolutely adore Giotto yarn. It looks really fab on you, great for a holiday.

8:39 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The top is lovely. It's a perfect summer top.

8:30 pm  
Blogger soapy said...

It looks GREAT on you. I hope mine looks as good as yours does! I just started the decreases. IT's been a slow go for me lately..

6:11 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I love it!

And it is very flattering! I might have to try that!

France, lucky you! Enjoy the trip!

7:21 pm  
Blogger Iris said...

It's beautiful! I love the yarn you used, and it looks fabulous on you.

8:11 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just finished my waterlilly a few minutes ago. I love it. I thought the ribbon yarn was a big pain though. It twisted a lot and I spent more time untwisting it than I did knitting. A really wonderful pattern though, especially the eyelets and the biased yoke.

Yours looks great. I want to make another one now.

sherry in arizona

2:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines