Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

I really don't know where the last week has gone. We now have 7 sets of twins cavorting around the barn - 5 sets of boy/girl, one set of girls, one of boys. I love this time of year!

Eddie is away for a couple of days so I'm on sole midwifery duty. I'm hoping they'll all hold off until he gets home on Friday ;). We have 15 does left to kid so looks like we'll end up with 35 - 40 kids once we're finished. That's going to be so much fun come the spring when they get to go outside and play.

On the knitting front the Glampyre sweater is off the needles. It needs washing and blocking, and then I'll decide what to do about the neck. A quick try on has me thinking it might look fine as it is after all. We'll see.

The Anniversary sweater is also finally blocked and sewn up. Photo to follow, but I love, love, love it. That handpaintedyarn.com worsted merino really is something else. The sweater is soooooo soft and warm. It's one of those sweaters that as soon as you put it on you want to curl up on the sofa in front of a roaring fire with a good book. I used two colours for the sweater and have enough left to knit another one, when I can find a pattern I like. Can't wait!

But wait it will have to - I'm currently knitting the Campus Scarf from Scarf Style - a stash busting exercise using the beautiful rust coloured wool my SP5 (Metamomo!!!!!) sent me, and then it will be time for (drum roll please)....

The Knitting Olympics


I've signed up for Team Knittyboard,
and will be knitting the Top Down Pullover from Knitting Pure & Simple, in Noro Korchoran. 16 days to knit a (large) sweater? In the middle of kidding?? It's definitely going to be a challenge.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats on all the little kidlets - and you are going to have so many of them!

I am looking forward to seeing your worsted merino sweater... soounds fab. Did you buy direct online fron them?

8:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...so many kids! I can't wait to see your sweater.
Here's a clue for you: I'm *not* doing the Knitting Olympics.

~your sp6 pal :)

10:35 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

all those twins sound very exciting but you are naughty for tempting me with the curious yarns link! I have been made aware of them through Emily's blog and have been drooling for some time over the lovely shades, so unusual aren't they? I have signed up for Team DPN for the olympics and am trying to do a pair of socks. Given that I have only just finished my dad's christmas present socks this weekend, I think knitting a pair in 16 days is going to be tough!

2:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been so busy working that I have missed all the latest developments on N*********! Must see today's or I shall be totally out of the loop.... Saw lots of lambs over the weekend in Devon and thought of your current 'expansion'.

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines