Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ok, where did March go????

March is always the busiest month of the year for me, work wise. In the weeks running up to the end of the tax year my workload seems to increase 100 fold – I seem to spend the whole month fighting against things spiralling out of control. Still, it does make me realise how cushy life is for the other eleven months of the year.

Hence, my nose has been well and truly glued to the laptop all month, with hardly a moment to do anything but work, work, work.

At least the weather hasn’t proved to be a distraction – March has been cold, wet and windy. We are in the region’s rainy season, and we certainly need the rain so that the clay soil can build up reserves ahead of the (hopefully) long, hot summer, but at times – especially after such a wonderfully balmy February – it has felt as though we are slap bang back in the middle of winter. Somehow a wet and windy day always seems so much colder than a dry, crisp frosty day.

Believe it or not, I have two finished knitted projects to show, but a combination of the poor weather and lack of time mean I haven’t had a chance to photograph them yet. Both were finished before work became manically busy – there’s not been much time to knit in the last few weeks.

We are also bang in the middle of kidding – 15 kids so far, and 3 mums-to-be still to go. We reckon that we should just about have finished with kidding by the time lambing starts! Again, no time to take photos but I will try and take some in the next couple of weeks.

Right, as I am stuck in the office on a grey Sunday afternoon waiting to check into my hotel I have a few hours to myself, so I’m off to catch up on all your blogs and see what you’ve been up to!

6 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Gosh, you sound busy. I hope all the kids are fine and things calm down soon. Look forward to seeing the finished knits.

4:17 pm  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

All the finance folks I know disappear end of each quarter and even more so at fiscal year end so I can imagine how busy you must be!

I hope that, by the time you're "unswamped" at work, the sun will be out!

5:45 pm  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Ahhh...I totally forgot about you and tax season -- I hope you're taking your vitamins! I'll look forward to your pics once life returns to a semblance of normal. Have a good week in London.

My blog is still down so no updates on my life to be found there; all is well, however.

Carolyn
:-)

6:53 pm  
Blogger Caroline M said...

Just let me have a moment to pine for my former life as an accountant ...nope, no pining here. You are welcome to the March madness, I don't wish myself back there at all.

I wish I could come up with some subtle joke about "you're kidding, aren't you?" but it's not going to happen. Is there a distinction between lambing, kidding and calving in french?

7:30 pm  
Blogger florencemary said...

Hope all your work woes are soon over, Carolyn: I miss the income but not the stress! And thanks for all your comments on my blog - sounds like your RC 'experience' was even worse than mine (you can never totally escape it, can you); I missed out on convent by the skin of my teeth.

Looking forward to seeing photos, especially of the kids!

10:44 am  
Blogger Sarah said...

Can't wait to see pics of the kids and lambs!

We should also be lambing soon.

Spring is just starting here, and I can tell the animals are loving it.

5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines