Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Back to life

I can’t begin to describe how lovely it was to get back home on Friday night.

On Saturday morning I went for a wander around the farm, camera in hand, to “reclaim” my home.

Sitting beside the lake on such a beautiful day the stress of the past few weeks simply melted away.








Since I went back to the UK the maize has been harvested on our neighbour’s farm.









If the other farms in the area are anything to go by this land won’t be laying fallow for long. In the meantime the “chasseurs” are making the most of the empty space to shoot (and more likely than not miss) anything that moves.

Umtata has been given a group of girls to play with but just like any bloke he’s more interested in the ones he can’t have








Two of our hens have gone broody again, something they seem to do at the drop of a hat.
















Little do they know but they are sitting on two plastic eggs each, which we use to encourage the hens to lay in the nest boxes. Bottom of the queue when the brains were being handed out.....

The tree frog is still living in the well








Middle of October and the animals still need to come into the shade in the middle of the day. Can’t be bad
















Clarabelle asked how Cosmo is doing. Well, he’s doing great. As so many of you mentioned in the comments that you thought he was a puppy (doesn’t say much for my skills as a photographer!!) here are a few photos showing him more to scale

Ben is a Labrador cross, and quite a big dog we thought, until we met Cosmo








Eddie is 6’2” (when he's standing up :0 )








I’m a midgety 5’2” (Sam is an Old English / border collie cross)








Brace yourselves because the next post will contain knitting content.....

5 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Welcome home! Thanks for the udpate -- the photos are wonderful. I'm so envious of your beautiful countryside as I state out my office window at an ugly highrise.

xo

9:26 pm  
Blogger Caroline M said...

That's funny because we were talking about Cosmo last night over dinner, discussing the photo you had that made him look small because there was nothing in it to give a sense of scale.

I shall assume the brace position for the shock of seeing knitting, at least you have good light for the photos.

6:44 am  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Oh I didn't know you were a knitter! (just kidding!!) Can't wait to see what lovely thing you've knitted on.

I just love, love, love it when you update your blog. The photos and stories are wonderful.

6:58 am  
Blogger florencemary said...

Wonderful photos, Carolyn - keep 'em coming! It's great to see you all (Cosmo included) looking so chilled out! (I'm not allowed to have animals anymore as I get too attached, so I've resigned myself to being a pet voyeur.)

Can't wait for the knits!

7:29 am  
Blogger Linda said...

I love the little tree frog! Great pictures, welcome home!

8:05 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines