Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sunshine in my hands

I finally finished knitting the alpaca / silk shawl and it's now blocking














I immediately cast on for one of the scarf patterns in Victorian Lace Today in the alpaca yarn Caroline sent me






Unfortunately, I don't think any photo could accurately capture the beauty of this yarn. Each time I look down at my knitting the colours delight me all over again. You know how something looks if you hold it so that the sun shines right on it? That's what this yarn looks like. I know Caroline had been aiming for darker shades of the colours, and when I gave her my chosen colours I had expected darker shades too, but I'm so glad it turned out lighter. I swear the yarn is infused with sunshine. The alpaca is soft and will make a lovely warm scarf, and the colours will bring a zing of colour into the gloomiest winter's day.

Still no kids yet, but Eddie's pretty sure some will be born this week. I certainly hope so as some of the poor does look pretty uncomfortable!

3 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

That shawl is so gorgeous! The scarf yarn is very pretty too.

I just got back from Stitches and they had several of the shawls from the Vintage Shawl book and they were breathtakingly beautiful.

5:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The laces are just gorgeous :)

3:51 pm  
Blogger Sarah said...

Gorgeous shawl!

I love it!

And the new one is just happy happy colors!

5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines