Saturday, December 09, 2006

Getting into the spirit

I’ve been laid low with another cold the past couple of weeks. Ugh.

So, to try and get myself into the festive spirit I thought I’d do this meme, which is popping up on knitting blogs everywhere. I pinched this from cpurl.

NAME: Carolyn

Q:Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
A:Hot Chocolate definitely. Mind you, I’ve never had Egg Nog. I’m not even 100% sure what it is. Does it involve advocaat? I do have a secret love of the odd Snowball, which I always partake of over Christmas.

Q:Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
A:Wrapped

Q:Colored lights on tree/house or white?
A:No lights on the house, but both white and coloured on the tree.

Q:Do you hang mistletoe?
A: No

Q:When do you put your decorations up?
A:Eddie’s birthday is 15th so we don’t put the tree up until after that. So usually the 16th!

Q:What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
A:Leftovers. All those lovely cold meats, cheeses and pickles. Yum.

Q:Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
A:Waking up on Christmas morning to find a bulging pillow case full of presents at the end of my bed.

Q:When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
A:I really don’t remember a defining moment. I think I just sort of worked it out.

Q:Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
A:No.

Q:How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
A:That’s Eddie’s territiory, and he makes a pretty good job of it. Motley collection of lights, baubles and tinsel, plus a dash of design flair!

Q:Snow! Love it or Dread it?
A:Love it as long as all I have to do is look at it out of the window while curled up snug and warm, or playing in it with the dogs. I hate it when it turns to grey slush.

Q:Can you ice skate?
A:Are you kidding? I seriously think I missed out on the evolutionary gene which enables man to walk upright so to stick blades or wheels on my feet would only lead to disaster.

Q:Do you remember your favorite gift?
A:A pony. But that was for my birthday not Christmas ;)


Q:What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
A:Not having to go to work. For me it’s a vital time to recharge my batteries, mull over the year past and think about my dreams and goals for the coming year.

Q:What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
A:Are After Eight mints a dessert?

Q:What is your favorite holiday tradition?
A:Bucks fizz, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs on Christmas morning after the animals have been fed.

Q: What tops your tree?
A: A star

Q:Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
A: I’d be lying if I didn’t say I love receiving gifts, but if I could only choose one I’d rather give than receive.

Q:What is your favorite Christmas Song?
A: I think Silent Night is a really beautiful hymn, but the two which are absolutely guaranteed to have me blubbing like a baby are “The Little Drummer Boy” and “Little Donkey”.

Q:Candy Canes...
A:Not a british tradition, so no thanks. Give me some vanilla fudge any day!

3 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Ooh! I have to read up on the bulging bag of gifts at the foot of your bed on Christmas morning! You could open gifts from the comfort of bed--what a great idea!

I also love to re-charge at the end of the year. I get the week off between Christmas and NY, YAY!

4:51 pm  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi there! Thanks for the comment -- sorry to hear that you're under the weather. Loved the photo of the dog wearing Eddie's scarf!

Things are busy but all is well. I'll try and drop you a longer, catch-up note. I won't be in the UK for the holidays this year, which will be odd, but will hopefully see you in the new year.

Best,
Carolyn

5:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum, cold meats, cheese and pickles. The best part about Christmas is that I cook one big meal and then don't cook again for days. We forage until the fridge stops bulging and I love the freedom of not having to shop or plan meals.

6:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines