Monday, January 02, 2006

Back to reality

Back to work tomorrow.

It has been a lovely break, and I feel very relaxed and refreshed. Ready to face the new year and anything it might have to throw at me! As a "glass half full" type of person I always view the new year with a sense of optimistic wonder at what the future might hold. Sometimes the future turns out to be not quite so nice as I'd hoped, but hey, that's what makes life interesting, right?

Got loads of knitting done over the break. Anniversary Sweater is off the needles, and just needs to be blocked and seamed. Followed this with an instant gratification drop stitch scarf using the ball of Louisa Harding Impressions I bought at Ally Pally. Have now cast on for the Easy V Neck sweater from Glampyre, which I'm knitting in Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. Yes, I am making inroads into the stash at last!

Knitterly goals for 2006:

1. Reduce stash
2. Learn to knit socks on two circs
3. Knit something which involves more than one colour that is not stripes or knit with variegated yarn
4. Post more knitting related pictures on the blog
5. Knit Birch

I'm sure there are loads more, but these are my top 5. Of course number 1 will be hardest to do ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger soapy said...

Sounds like reason resolutions! I know tomrrow back to reality!. Ouch it's been a long week Hope you ejoyed your holidays and time off! Good Luck getting back to life as ususal and with those top 5! I have to agree #1 will be the hardest! heeheee

10:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I might aim for resolution n. 1 too... but I don't bank on it!

Happy new year!

6:19 pm  
Blogger Sharon J said...

I wouldn't have a ghost in Most Haunted's chance of reducing my stash. For one, most of it's in the loft and until I can get my other half to bring it all down while I catalogue it, not much is going to be used up. Secondly, ever since I started knitting, my stash has only ever grown. I knit one thing from the stash and two lots of yarn miraculously get added! All those bargains on ebay don't help!

Thanks for the comment on my blog, btw. Tubey's cool but I won't be knitting him. I'm just not into knitting toys. I've tried and they drive me mad so I'll leave that to others.

~Sharon

7:59 pm  
Blogger PURLPOWER said...

I love reading everyone's knitgoals for the new year. It's great to know that it's not just me that insists on making these little lists all the time!

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


<< *.* >>
RingSurf
Subscribe with Bloglines